Friday, February 27, 2009

Where's my Bailout?




So as the owner of a small business I struggle daily with balancing fiscal responsibility with my dreams of better equipment, higher salaries for my hard working employees and making a fair profit for my investors.

Trust me its not easy and in this economy my goals are much simpler.


The goal for 2009 is to remain a viable business entity while still providing exemplary service.

Sounds simple right?

Trust me life would be simpler if someone were to give ME a "bailout", a "handout" or a gift......in spite of having a lengthy laundry list of shovel ready projects I'm not holding my breath.

However the United States Government saw fit to give Northern Trust Bank $1.6 billion in bailout money in November 2008.

Northern Trust laid off 450 workers in December 2008, 4% of its workforce.

The layoffs didn’t stop the bank from paying millions to sponsor a PGA golf tournament 2 months later. Not only that, but TMZ reports the bank also invited hundreds of clients and employees to L.A., put them up in ritzy hotels, then threw fabulous parties with performances by Sheryl Crow, Chicago, and Earth, Wind & Fire. Women got trinkets from Tiffany’s. They rented out the House of Blues.

Your tax dollars at work! My tax dollars at work!

I make no claim of being an economist but I do know if the Federal Government saw fit to give Superior Document Services 1.6 billion dollars of bailout money, well my parties wouldn't feature washed up bands like Sheryl Crow and Chicago.

No comments: